December 3rd is observed as International Day of Disabled Persons !
The annual observance of the International Day of Disabled Persons, 3 December, aims to promote an understanding of disability issues and mobilize support for the dignity, rights and well-being of persons with disabilities. It also seeks to increase awareness of gains to be derived from the integration of persons with disabilities in every aspect of political, social, economic and cultural life. The theme of the Day is based on the goal of full and equal enjoyment of human rights and participation in society by persons with disabilities, established by the World Programme of Action concerning Disabled Persons, adopted by the General Assembly in 1982.
According to the recent data , out of 21.9 million disabled people in India – that constitutes about 2.13 per cent of the total population - 1.03 per cent are visually impaired, 0.16 per cent speech impaired, 0.12 per cent ‘hearing’ impaired, 0.59 per cent ‘movement’ impaired and 0.22 per cent ‘mentally’ disabled of the total national population.
Lets take this occasion to salute the differently abled persons, their parents that make sacrifices for their special child and providing them opportunites to be one among the society.
- ► 2010 (12)
- ► 2009 (21)
- ► 2008 (38)
- ► 2007 (44)
- ► 2006 (137)
- HAPPY NEW YEAR !! We were among the millions of p...
- FYI :Trivia !!
- Gang -U- lea(ve) !!
- அட என்னாத்தா சொல்வேனுங்கோ !!
- Can the Cancer !
- என்று தணியும் இந்த சினிமா மோகம் ??
- Been to a Baby shower party over the weekend !! ...
- SNOW NOW SNOW NOW !!
- கார் வாங்கியாச்சு..ஆனால் இந்த எழை இந்தியனால் கார் ...
- Manoj rants..... Thousands fall sick because they...
- அலோ சார், நம்ம தமிளு பண்பாடு பத்தி பேசுகிறவன்களை எ...
- International Day of Disabled Persons
- ▼ December (12)